On November 5, 2016, we held another bell ringing at Lamb’s Garden Home Market (Thriftway). Many people had fun ringing the historic bell in the clock tower. This bell was first installed in the old Community Church at the corner of (now) 71st and Garden Home Road in 1918. The bell then moved up to the new United Methodist Church built on 81st and opened in 1961 and closed in 1994. The bell plaque is beautifully displayed and installed in the entry of the store, the framed display done by Frank Wiggins, recently retired from the liquor store. The bell plaque was done by Colin Lamb and Elaine Shreve. The Lyle Tate plaque was done by the GH Methodist Church. Janice Logan chaired this event, assisted by Board members of the Garden Home History Project. People also enjoyed the historic photo displays.
- Steve Mapes obituary
- Lucille E. Adams obituary
- July 30, 2017 Ice Cream Social
- May 21, 2017 Crescent Grove Cemetery Tour
- August 2017 News
- History of the Alpenrose Dairy
- Photos from the Washington County Museum
- T. E. Hills (U.S. Civil War veteran)
- May 2017 News
- Dorothy McNamara Bastien and her writing group in Garden Home in the 1940s.
TagsBastien Beaverton High School Cannery Cemeteries Century Homes Dardis Event Feldman Fogelquist Frank Frank Estate Gardens Golf Hunt Club Jager Johnson Jones Krom Lamb's Thriftway Martin Marugg Methodist Church Moore Nebert News Newton Nichols obituary Old Community Church Oleson Family Post Office PTA Rec Center School Steele Sturtevant SW 76th Ave SW 77th Ave SW 78th Ave SW 87th Ave SW Garden Home Rd SW Oleson Rd Tate Throckmorton store Trains Unitarian Upchurch Veterans Whitney Wilcox