We were playmates with Ross Fogelquist, Richard Olson, Beth Olson and Deanna Roshak. I must have been 8 or 10 years old in the early 1950s. We kids built the town of “Joseph” in the Olson back yard. It was made out of fish crates…big wooden boxes that fish were shipped in. We had to air out the boxes so they didn’t smell. I think Richard’s dad brought them home. We must have stacked the crates on top of one another. We had houses and a jail, we had a store. Our town got its name because someone had real fire department hats from the town of Joseph, Oregon (Ross Fogelquist). We got ahold of them and decided that would be the name of our town. The town was protected in the trees so it was used for several years…seems like we did anyway. We probably had a mayor and sheriff.
- T. E. Hills (U.S. Civil War veteran)
- May 2017 News
- Dorothy McNamara Bastien and her writing group in Garden Home in the 1940s.
- Don Krom memoir
- November 5, 2016 Bell Ringing at Lamb’s Garden Home Market
- April 2017 News
- Bus Service in Garden Home
- 1903 Halloween night slaying on “the Garden Home road”
- Lumen H. Nichols and Ann M. Nichols
- Miles Lowell Edwards, Heart Valve Inventor
TagsBastien Beaverton High School Cannery Cemeteries Century Homes Dardis Event Feldman Fogelquist Frank Frank Estate Gardens Golf Hunt Club Jager Johnson Jones Krom Lamb's Thriftway Martin Marugg Methodist Church Moore Nebert News Newton Nichols obituary Old Community Church Oleson Family Post Office PTA Rec Center School Steele Sturtevant SW 76th Ave SW 77th Ave SW 78th Ave SW 87th Ave SW Garden Home Rd SW Oleson Rd Tate Throckmorton store Trains Unitarian Upchurch Veterans Whitney Wilcox