- Did you get our Winter 2015 Newsletter? Check it out here!
Historic Garden Home Calendar through the Decades – we’re moving into February with the wonderful photo of the huge trestle the early trains used to get to Garden Home. These calendars are great just for the historic photos and text.
Calendars are available locally at Lamb’s Garden Home Thriftway, the Garden Home Library and Powell’s Beaverton store, all for $8 each.
Get your calendars or note cards by mail from our treasurer: Make check payable to GHHP/Patsy VandeVenter. Mail to 7520 SW Ashdale Court, Portland, OR 97223 Calendars and note cards (set of 8) are each $12 by U.S. mail.
- We still have some 2013 and 2014 calendars, $5 for the package of two. Send email request.
- We’ll be walking the old Occidental Street, now called SW 76th, on Friday afternoon, Feb. 3 with Ward Nelson, learning about the early families and homes.
Richard Thompson- Railroad expert
Richard will present information and videos from his book, Willamette Valley Railways and the Oregon Electrics that ran through Garden Home in the early years of the last century. March 17, 7:00 PM at the GH Rec Center.
- Thanks for your comments and memoirs. Your comments at the bottom of each page goes directly to our email. Thanks also for your donations and your $10 for postal mailing of newsletter. Thus far we have free membership and hope to continue.
- Attend our regular meetings: The second Monday of each month, 3 to 4:30 pm at the Garden Home Recreation Center. We enjoy the 2 minute history lesson from each member and then get on to our business. Please let me know so I can assure seating: Elaine Shreve 503-246-5879.
The Garden Home History Project records and preserves the History of this area. Historic Garden Home is a suburb southwest of Portland, Oregon and mostly contained in unincorporated Washington County. It extends roughly one mile out in each direction from the intersection of Garden Home Road and Oleson Road.
This non-profit organization is chaired by Elaine Shreve, 503-246-5879. Special thanks to our Advisory Group of dedicated volunteers.
We encourage you to send us your stories, photos or artifacts. We can scan photos and return them to you.
Join the Club!
Your donations and calendar sales provide our funds for signs, printing, research, postage and other costs. Our emails (and U.S. postage ) will keep you informed.